SPAGHETTI WITH MASCARPONE CHEESE
Whether you’re running a marathon, a 5k, or just cheering from the sidelines, it’s time to load up on carbs! This is a perfect pasta dish to get you ready for race day
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 371
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 21g
Total Carbohydrates 109g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 Meyer lemon, zested and juiced (about 3 tablespoons juice)
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- a few grinds of fresh pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 250g spaghetti
- 5 cups (loosely packed) fresh spinach, washed, spun dry, and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted hazelnuts
- Combine the zest, lemon juice, mascarpone, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and salt generously. Cook the pasta until al dente, taking it off the heat about 1 to 2 minutes before you would normally remove it. Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Return the pasta to the pot, and set over low heat. Stir in the mascarpone sauce. Add the spinach and toss so that the spinach begins to wilt.
- Add about 1/4 cup of the pasta water (more if necessary) to keep the sauce fluid but not too watery.
- Continue to cook and toss until the spinach is cooked. Add the hazelnuts and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Two Dads and a Kid https://twodadsandakid.com/