Quick Delicious Crunchies
These are super quick and really delicious. A recipe you can try making with your toddler. Delicious treat for the school lunch box.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 100
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 34g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 250g Butter or Margarine
- 15ml (1 Tablespoon) Syrup or Honey
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) Bicarbonate of Soda
- 250ml (1 Cup) Soft Brown Sugar
- 500ml (2 Cups) Oats
- 500ml (2 Cups) Cake Flour
- Set the oven on 180 °C
- Place the butter or margarine in a saucepan on the stove. Switch the plate on to low and melt the butter or margarine.
- Add the syrup or honey to the melted butter or margarine and stir well with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda and stir until the mixture is frothy.
- Add the soft brown sugar and stir the mixture well.
- Add the oats and stir the mixture well.
- Add the cake flour and stir the mixture well.
- Pour the tangy mixture into a swiss roll tin and flatten with the back of the wooden spoon to fill the tin.
- Cut the mixture into squares.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Two Dads and a Kid https://twodadsandakid.com/