Amêijoas ... Clams
My all time favourite starter. Great for a family lunch or dinner. Typically we serve these with beer and bread. The bread to dip and enjoy the sauce.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 118
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 18g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 kg Clams
- 1 large tin of cubed tomatoes
- 2 Onions
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 2 Fresh chillies
- 50 ml Olive oil
- 1 full spoon of margarine or butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chopped Coriander to taste
- Place the clams in a bowl, cover with water and salt and let it soak for about 2 hours then drain and set aside.
- Peel the onions and garlic cloves, slice onions into half-moons and chop the garlic. Put in a pan, add the butter and the olive oil and Cook, stirring from time to time until everything is soft. Add the tomatoes and let simmer very well.
- Add the drained clams, chopped chilies and a pinch of salt, if necessary.
- Finally, add some chopped coriander add more salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- recipe source : http://www.teleculinaria.pt/receitas/ameijoas-malandras/
Two Dads and a Kid https://twodadsandakid.com/